The New York State Department of Transportation, Mohawk Valley Region, has released its roadwork report for the week of Oct. 28.
• Village of Middleville: Route 29 over Maltanner Creek culvert work, between Route 28 and Reservoir Road. Motorists will encounter one-way alternating traffic controlled by flaggers during the ingress of egress of construction vehicles.
• City of Rome: Bridge closures due to long-term rehabilitation. The Route 26 north bridge over Route 365 west, the Route 49/69 bridge over Route 365 west and the Route 49/69 bridge over Route 26 north will remain closed until the end of the year. Detour signs are in place to advise travelers of the detour routes.
• City of Rome: Route 365 westbound, between the Route 26 north bridge and the Route 69 east bridge, will be closed daytime only as needed. The daily road closure will take place between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. During the closure motorists will be directed to use the Lawrence Street loop as a detour. Variable message boards and detour signs will advise motorists.
• City of Utica: The new traffic signal on Burrstone Road bridge over the North-South Arterial is fully operational. The Burrstone Road westbound ramp to Route 12 north and the Route 12 northbound ramp to Burrstone Road west are permanently closed. All traffic on Burrstone Road wishing to access Route 12 north will do so at this signalized intersection. Route 12 northbound traffic wishing to access Burrstone Road will use the exit after the French Road interchange.
• City of Utica: Burrstone Road work continues between Bennett and York streets. Eastbound and westbound motorists will encounter a lane closure between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m.
• City of Utica: Intersection work continues at Lincoln Avenue.
• City of Utica: Lincoln Avenue reconstruction continues between Sherman Place and Newell Street.
• City of Utica: Pedestrian bridge work continues at Sunset Avenue over the arterial. Pedestrians are being directed to use the Warren Street crossing to access the east or west side of the arterial.
• City of Utica: Demolition work continues on Fay Street. Minor traffic delays between Bristol Street and Columbia Street are expected.
• City of Utica: Utility work along Fay Street between Sunset Avenue and Lafayette Street; also along Oriskany Boulevard on the west side of the bridge.
• City of Utica: Court Street construction continues east and west of the arterial. Motorists may encounter lane closures between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m.
• City of Utica: State Street traffic signal installation work at Columbia Street and at Lafayette Street. Motorists will encounter a lane closure and minor delays.
• City of Utica: Construction work continues on Champlin Avenue at Whitesboro Street in Yorkville. Most work will be performed outside the travel lanes, but minor delays may be encountered.
Page 2 of 2 - • City of Utica: I-790/Route 8/Route 12 bridge joint repairs northbound at multiple locations between Oriskany Boulevard and the bridge over I-90. Motorists will encounter lane closures, changing traffic patterns and a speed limit reduction to 45 mph through the work zone. Delays may be encountered.
• City of Utica: State Street over Oriskany Boulevard ramp closures, due to bridge joint repairs, continue. Detour signs are in place to direct motorists on the North-South Arterial northbound wishing to access Route 5S east, State Street or Court Street. Detour signs are also on Route 5S west at Broad Street and on State Street to direct traffic to Route 12 north.
• City of Utica: North-South Arterial northbound at the intersection with Oswego Street. Motorists may encounter traffic delays between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. due to traffic signal work.
• City of Utica: Pitcher Street remains closed due to bridge repairs. To access the Pitcher Street Post Office, Route 5S westbound motorists will continue to use the Turner Street exit; variable message signs and detour signs are in place to direct Route 5S eastbound motorists.
• Village of Clinton: Route 233 at Route 412 (College Street) culvert repair work. Motorists may encounter flagger operations due to the ingress and egress of construction equipment.
• Village of Vernon: Route 5 over Sconondoa Creek bridge replacement. Motorists will encounter lane shifts eastbound and westbound and a speed limit reduction to 35 mph in the work zone. Minor delays are expected.
• Town of Trenton: Route 12 bridge replacement over Cincinnati Creek, between Mappa Avenue and Old Poland Road. Motorists will encounter lane shifts with a lane closure in each direction, a lane width restriction of 10 feet and a speed limit reduction to 45 mph in the work zone.
• Hamlet of Bleecker: Route 309 south of County Route 112. Motorists will encounter one-way alternating traffic controlled by a temporary traffic signal due to culvert replacement work. Upon completion of paving operations, the signal will be removed and flaggers will be utilized for intermittent lane closures.
• Hamlet of Fort Hunter and town of Florida: Route 5S over Schoharie Creek. Motorists will encounter a long-term temporary signal controlling one-way alternating traffic. Some delays can be expected.
• Town of Mohawk: Route 5 between Hickory Hill Road and Reservoir Road. Motorists will encounter one-way alternating traffic controlled by flaggers due to highway reconstruction and embankment, culvert and ditching work. A gravel road surface may also be encountered.
• Town of Indian Lake: Route 28 over Raquette Brook culvert work west of Cleveland Road. Motorists may encounter flagger operations due to the ingress and egress of construction equipment and on-site detour preparation.
This information is also available at www.511ny.org.