The Historical Club of Ilion met on Oct. 9 at the Ilion Free Public Library.
After the business meeting, Gail Campo read her paper on the building of Hyde Hall in Cooperstown. Construction took place from 1818 to 1834. Today Hyde Hall is a historic site.
The theme for this year is the ladies of Hyde Hall, who made the mansion a home and raised their families there.
Members then celebrated the club's 120th birthday. Eleven members received certificates for 20 or more years of service in the club.
Mary Putman and Alma Williams served as hostesses for the meeting. The meeting ended with games led by Mary Putman.