Cooperstown based Brewery Ommegang was selected as one of seven award-winning beers in the state.
The Three Philosophers Beer won the bronze medal in the Belgian Style Abbey Ale category at the Great American Beer Festival, which took place in Denver.
The festival hosts one of the preeminent beer competitions in the entire country.
“New York is quickly becoming the craft beer capital of the country,” Gov. Andrew Cuomo said in a news release.
Seven home-grown craft breweries took home awards in contests with brewers from around the world.
The other winners were as follows:
• Captain Lawrence Brewing Co., in Elmsford, won the gold medal in the Experimental Beer Category for its Hops n’ Roses Beer.
• Peekskill Brewery, in Peekskill, won the silver medal in the International-Style Pale Ale Category for its Amazeballs Beer.
• Great South Bay Brewery, in Bay Shore, won the bronze medal in the Field Beer or Pumpkin Beer Category for its Splashing Pumpkin Beer.
• Crossroads Brewing Company, in Athens, won the bronze medal in the French and Belgian-Style Saison Category for its Maggie’s Farmhouse Ale.
• Blue Point Brewing Company, in Patchogue, won the bronze medal in the Rye Beer Category for its RastafaRye Beer.
• Brooklyn Brewery, in Brooklyn, won the bronze medal in the South German-Style Hefeweizen for its Brooklyner Weisse Beer.
For more information about New York craft beers visit www.taste.ny.gov.