ILION — Ilion Fire Department responded to a small kitchen fire at 1:30 p.m., Wednesday after someone left “debris” on a stove in one of the third-floor apartments at London Towers.
The fire was quickly extinguished, but firefighters needed to deal with heavy smoke that traveled to the upper floors of the eight-story complex, located at 100 W. Main St.
Two people were evaluated for smoke inhalation. No one was transported to the hospital for further treatment. The fire was confined to the original apartment.